- My Top 12 Chrome Extensions
- NewSpring Gets a New Logo and a Lot More
- Give Wikipedia Some Class with WikiWand
- Instagram Saves Your Videos from a Case of the Jitters with New App
- The Best Car Mount for Your Mobile Phone (and It’s On Sale)
- The Best Road Trip App Available
- Track (and Accomplish) Your Goals with the new Full App
- Google Glasses at Church?
- Your New Right Arm
- Doh! The Simpsons Come to Moleskines
Find that Next Great Book
If you’re like me, you probably have a long list of books you want to read. Occasionally, however, I find myself not really interested in the books that I’ve got in my “to read” pile and I want to find something new or different to read. When that moment hits, there are two sites that can help immensely.
YourNextRead.com is a great site that allows you to enter any author or book title and get back eight book recommendations. I love the way it presents the recommendations too. It’s sort of like a mind map and it gives you a quick visual guide for what you might want to read. The map also lets you make changes on the fly to drill down a bit. For instance, you can click on any book and the map will center than book and start making more recommendations. It also shows the review on Amazon for each book. It’s very slick and will undoubtedly help you find a great new book to read.
The Book Seer (bookseer.com) isn’t near as visually slick but it does have a cool minimalistic vibe to it. It essentially does the same thing as YourNextRead.com but it pulls in recommendations from LibraryThing too. Nice.
I found the recommendations from both sites to be pretty good. These services would be outstanding for finding books similar to a book that you already know you like.
Check them out and let me know what you think.