- My Top 12 Chrome Extensions
- NewSpring Gets a New Logo and a Lot More
- Give Wikipedia Some Class with WikiWand
- Instagram Saves Your Videos from a Case of the Jitters with New App
- The Best Car Mount for Your Mobile Phone (and It’s On Sale)
- The Best Road Trip App Available
- Track (and Accomplish) Your Goals with the new Full App
- Google Glasses at Church?
- Your New Right Arm
- Doh! The Simpsons Come to Moleskines
Go Ahead and Poke It!
I’m a huge fan of Seth Godin. As a pastor (and former church planter), I’ve always found that his books really speak to me. In fact, I always recommend his books to any pastor or church planter that asks for my advice. Purple Cow is a classic book, in my opinion, that I think every pastor must read.
Poke the Box is Godin’s latest book and it does not disappoint. It is simply outstanding. It’s about initiative and how it’s needed now more than ever in every organization. It’s really about leadership in a lot of ways and it compliments Tribes and Linchpin, two more outstanding books, nicely.
Godin’s big idea in this book is that society has changed in major ways and it’s now easier than ever to start doing great things but the odd truth is that what we seem to be lacking more than anything else is people that will take initiative and actually start making things happen. It’s a call to arms for those that have dreamed and planned but have never started.
It’s wonderful book that will jump start your desire to do great things and inspire you to move past the fears and common objections that often hold us back.