- My Top 12 Chrome Extensions
- NewSpring Gets a New Logo and a Lot More
- Give Wikipedia Some Class with WikiWand
- Instagram Saves Your Videos from a Case of the Jitters with New App
- The Best Car Mount for Your Mobile Phone (and It’s On Sale)
- The Best Road Trip App Available
- Track (and Accomplish) Your Goals with the new Full App
- Google Glasses at Church?
- Your New Right Arm
- Doh! The Simpsons Come to Moleskines
The Thermostat Steve Jobs Would’ve Designed
Tony Fadell, the former chief architect at Apple, who just happens to have presided over the 18 generations of iPods and a couple iterations of the iPhone has released the first product from his year-old company, Nest Labs. What is it? Well, it’s only the coolest, sexiest thermostat to ever grace the planet. Okay, we know that it might be kind of hard to get real excited about a thermostat but wait a minute. Not only does it look great but it’s got some power under the hood that’s well worth mentioning too.
This thermostat learns your habits as you use it and programs itself along the way. In a world filled with programmable thermostats that might not sound important but the sad truth is that 90% of programmable thermostats are never programed. Couple that with the fact that utilizing a programmable thermostat can save you real money (an estimated 15%) and you can start to see why this is exciting.
Check out this video to see this beauty in action.
Fadell claims that this thermostat will save users 30%. If that’s true, we bet that churches could use them to save substantial amounts of money too.
The price tag for this unit is $249.99 which isn’t cheap but if it really helps save all that money it will certain pay for itself in no time.