- My Top 12 Chrome Extensions
- NewSpring Gets a New Logo and a Lot More
- Give Wikipedia Some Class with WikiWand
- Instagram Saves Your Videos from a Case of the Jitters with New App
- The Best Car Mount for Your Mobile Phone (and It’s On Sale)
- The Best Road Trip App Available
- Track (and Accomplish) Your Goals with the new Full App
- Google Glasses at Church?
- Your New Right Arm
- Doh! The Simpsons Come to Moleskines
Unleash Your Brilliance
Pastor, in case you haven’t figured it out yet, you’re a creative. Yes, I know that you do a lot of other things too. You’re a leader and an administrator, and a part-time handyman at times, but one of your biggest roles is teaching and that means that you create tons of content every week. In fact, when you toss in blog posts, announcements, series blurbs, letters, creating systems, leadership talks, vision-casting, and the like, it’s clear that pastors are called upon to create content almost nonstop.
That’s why Todd Henry’s book, The Accidental Creative: How to Be Brilliant at a Moment’s Notice is a must-read for every pastor. Watch this trailer for the book and see if it doesn’t connect with you.
In this great book, you’ll learn how to focus on what’s most important and reclaim your attention. You’ll also learn how to boost your creative power while eliminating things that drain you creatively. Henry covers everything from relationships to stimuli to work hours.
I don’t know if Todd Henry had pastors in mind when he wrote this book but it sure speaks to where pastors live most of the time.
I can’t recommend this book enough.