- Instagram Saves Your Videos from a Case of the Jitters with New App
- The Best Car Mount for Your Mobile Phone (and It’s On Sale)
- The Best Road Trip App Available
- Track (and Accomplish) Your Goals with the new Full App
- Google Glasses at Church?
- Your New Right Arm
- Doh! The Simpsons Come to Moleskines
- Great New January Desktop Wallpaper
- Start the Year Right with the Awesome NeuYear Calendar
- Four Great Last-Minute Geeky Gift Ideas
A Youth Group Idea from Heineken
I recently saw this video from Heineken. It basically details their marketing efforts at a music festival.
(Disclaimer: Please don’t watch this video if you’re easily offended.)
Personalized QR Codes
This marketing idea is brilliant. Heineken basically helped people print individual QR code stickers with personal messages embedded within them. Each sticker said something random fact about that person or something they wanted to say hidden within it.
As you can see from the video, people put those stickers all over themselves and Heineken ended up printing a lot more stickers than they thought they would. In other words, there was a big demand for these things.
What’s most interesting is that Heineken found that it helped people break the ice and connect.
I can’t help but think there’s some use for this in youth groups or in the church in general.
Also, what about t-shirts for everyone in the church that are just huge QR codes that advertise the church?
I don’t have a lot of answers here. I just know there’s a good idea in there somewhere.
What do you think? How would you use this concept?