- My Top 12 Chrome Extensions
- NewSpring Gets a New Logo and a Lot More
- Give Wikipedia Some Class with WikiWand
- Instagram Saves Your Videos from a Case of the Jitters with New App
- The Best Car Mount for Your Mobile Phone (and It’s On Sale)
- The Best Road Trip App Available
- Track (and Accomplish) Your Goals with the new Full App
- Google Glasses at Church?
- Your New Right Arm
- Doh! The Simpsons Come to Moleskines
Get Free “Magical” Recommendations from Twitter
It’s called MagicRecs, which is short for Magic Recommendations, and it does exactly what the name implies.
MagicRecs looks at all the folks that you follow on twitter and starts to make recommendations of other Twitter users you might want to start following.
The results are really great. You might even call them magical.
Wait, There’s More!
It doesn’t stop there though. MagicRecs also watches for trends that the people you following are tweeting about and notifies you if something is emerging.
It seems to just be monitoring hash tags but the results are still solid.
How Does It Work
It’s an simple and elegant system.
All you do is follow @MagicRecs on Twitter. Then, MagicRecs sends you direct messages when it thinks you might be interested in something.
You can also control the types of tweets you get from the service by using the following commands. (Send this via direct message to @MagicRecs.)
- HI or HELLO
- TWEETS ON/OFF
- USERS ON/OFF
These commands basically let you turn certain features off if they don’t interest you.