- My Top 12 Chrome Extensions
- NewSpring Gets a New Logo and a Lot More
- Give Wikipedia Some Class with WikiWand
- Instagram Saves Your Videos from a Case of the Jitters with New App
- The Best Car Mount for Your Mobile Phone (and It’s On Sale)
- The Best Road Trip App Available
- Track (and Accomplish) Your Goals with the new Full App
- Google Glasses at Church?
- Your New Right Arm
- Doh! The Simpsons Come to Moleskines
Give Wikipedia Some Class with WikiWand
Although certainly not perfect, Wikipedia is a great resource that everyone references from time to time.
One of Wikipedia’s my obvious problems is it’s bland design. (Some would say is has almost no design at all.)
Truthfully, the general look and feel of the site hasn’t been updated in quite some time and the usability suffers because of it.
Add Some Awesomeness
That’s why WikiWand is such a gift. This free Chrome app jumps into action whenever you visit any Wikipedia page and replaces all that blandness with awesomeness.
All the same data from Wikipedia is still there but it’s now presented in a beautiful new way that looks great and truly makes the information more usable.
(If you’ve ever wondered what good design can really add to something this app will open your eyes!)
You can learn more about WikiWand here.
You can install the app here.
Not a Chrome User?
You can still experience the joys of WikiWand by simply going to their site instead of Wikipedia and entering what you’re looking for in the search box in the upper right. They’ll grab the data from Wikipedia and display it with the customary WikiWand magic for you.