- My Top 12 Chrome Extensions
- NewSpring Gets a New Logo and a Lot More
- Give Wikipedia Some Class with WikiWand
- Instagram Saves Your Videos from a Case of the Jitters with New App
- The Best Car Mount for Your Mobile Phone (and It’s On Sale)
- The Best Road Trip App Available
- Track (and Accomplish) Your Goals with the new Full App
- Google Glasses at Church?
- Your New Right Arm
- Doh! The Simpsons Come to Moleskines
It’s Raining Wikipedia
Wikipedia recently celebrated their 10th anniversary and they decided to host a party. One creative group was tasked to come up with some bold way to communicate the importance and functionality of Wikipedia. What they came up with is genius.
They basically suspended small printers in the air and wrote a software program that grabbed summaries of Wikipedia articles as they were being updated. Then, they printed these small summary cards and sent them randomly to one of the printers in the air. Once the summary card was printed, it would drop to the ground.
Here’s a video.
I think churches could use this idea in some way. Perhaps Bible verses could drop from the sky or serving opportunities or even the names of lives that have been changed at the church. The ideas are only limited by the imagination. I’m sure these printers are cheap enough that this could be done in a cost effective manner and it could have a huge impact.